1 Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. -- Robert Browning
2. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
-- Germaine Greer
3. My Greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least. - Wedding Toast, to the Bride and Groom
4. Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one. -- Friedrich Halm
5. This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.
6. Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same. -- Emily Bronte
7. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody,
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
-- Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
8. “You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face, but in your heart as well.” —Unknown Author
9. Ephesians 5:31-33 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
10. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” —Judy Garland
11. “For you see, each day I love you more today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” —Rosemonde Gerard
12. “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me.” —Roy Croft
13. “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.” —Robert Brault
14. “You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” —Henry Drummond
15. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” —Maya Angelou
16. “It is love that makes impossible possible.” —Indian Proverb
17. “Walking with your hands in mine and mine in yours, that’s exactly where I want to be always.” —Fawn Weaver
18. “In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.” —Janos Arnay
19. “You don’t marry the person you can live with … you marry the person you can’t live without.” —Unknown Author
20 .“What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life — to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting? —George Eliot
21. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” —Robert Quillen
22. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” —Pearl S. Buck
23. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” —Fawn Weaver
24. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” —William Lyon Phelps
25. In marriage, everyday you love, and everyday you forgive. It is an ongoing sacrament, love and forgiveness. -- Bill Moyers
26. Marriage--a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose. -- Beverly Nichols
27. To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up. -- Ogden Nash
28. “In a marriage, each partner is to be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, and enabler rather than a reformer.” —Unknown Author
29. “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make on your wedding day, and over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband…” —Barbara De Angelis
30. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” —Henry Ford
31. Marriage, in its truest sense, is a partnership of equals, with neither exercising dominion over the other, but, rather, with each encouraging and assisting the other in whatever responsibilities and aspirations he or she might have. - Gordon B. Hinckley
32. When a marriage works, nothing on earth can take its place. Helen Gahagan
33. “A home with a loving and loyal husband and wife is the supreme setting in which children can be reared in love and righteousness and in which the spiritual and physical needs of children can be met.” –David A. Bednar
34. “Tenderness and respect—never selfishness—must be the guiding principles in the intimate relationship between husband and wife.” —Howard W. Hunter
35. “When a wife strives to model Christ, she influences her husband with her Godly behavior.” –Unknown
36. “A good husband wipes her tears, but a great husband listens to the story of why she’s crying.’ –Unknown
37. “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.” –Ephesians 5:31
38. “Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.” —Louis K. Anspacher
39. “Husbands love your wives well! Your children are noticing how you treat her. You are teaching your sons how they should treat women and you are teaching your daughters what they should expect from men.” –Dave Willis
40. “True love is a process. True love requires personal action.” —Marvin J. Ashton
41. “Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” —Ephesians 5:33
42. “Marriage can be more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive. This is within the reach of every couple, every person.” —Spencer W. Kimball
43. “If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. you shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.”
–F. Burton Howard
44. “As a husband I give my heart to God and have eyes only for my wife.” –Unknown
45. “My husband has made me laugh, wiped my tears, hugged me tight, watched me succeed, seen me fail, kept me strong. My husband is a promise from our Heavenly Father that I will have a best friend forever.” –Unknown
46. “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself.” –Ephesians 5:28
47. “Marriage, in its truest sense, is a partnership of equals, with neither exercising dominion over the other, but, rather, with each encouraging and assisting the other in whatever responsibilities and aspirations he or she might have.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
48. “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it.” –Ephesians 5:25
49. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion; it is also remembering to take out the trash.” —Joyce Brothers
50. “Happiness in marriage and parenthood can exceed a thousand times any other happiness.” —James E. Faust
51. “God, I pray that you would mold me into the wife my husband needs me to be.” –Unknown
52. “A husband can only win his wife’s heart once Christ has captured his.” –Unknown
53. “A man dreams of a perfect wife. A woman dreams of a perfect husband. But they don’t realize that God created them to complete one another.” –Dr. Amr Khaled
54. “Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.” –Unknown
55. “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” —Matthew 19:6
56. “I believe the home and marriage is the foundation of our society and must be protected.” —Billy Graham
57. “”Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence and likewise also the wife unto the husband.” –1 Corinthians 7:3-5
58. “Fidelity to one’s marriage vows is absolutely essential for love, trust, and peace.” —Ezra Taft Benson
59. “There is nothing more noble or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye and keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.” —Homer (The Odyssey)
60. “A happy marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one’s companion.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
61. “And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” –Genesis 2: 18-24
62. “The lawful association of the sexes is ordained of God, not only as the sole means of race perpetuation, but for the development of the higher faculties and nobler traits of human nature, which the love-inspired companionship of man and woman alone can insure.” —Joseph F. Smith
“Best friends for life, husband and wife.” –Unknown
63. “After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her.” —Mark Twain
64. “Love is a fruit in season at all times, and is within the reach of every hand.” —Mother Teresa
65. “I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.” –Christopher Poindexter
66. “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” —Mark Twain
67. “God and a good wife are the two best things a man can have.” –Unknown
68. “Fasting for your marriage can change your marriage.” –Jennifer Smith
69. “I want my life and my marriage to look less like the world and more like Christ.” –Marquis Clarke
70. “A Husband can love his wife best when he loves God first.” –Unknown
71. Prayer of a husband and wife: “Keep us o’ Lord from pettiness. Let us be thoughtful in word and deed. Help us to put away pretense and face each other in deep trust without fear or self-pity. Help us to guard against fault-finding, and be quick to discover the best in each other and in every situation. Guard us from ill-temper and hasty judgement; encourage us to take time for all things, grow calm, serene and gentle. Help us to be generous with kind words and compliments. Teach us never to ignore, never to hurt, never to take each other for granted. Engrave charity and compassion on our hearts.” –Unknown
72. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ― Dr. Seuss
73. "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." ― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
74. "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."
75. "Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
76. "She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal." ― Simone de Beauvoir, The Mandarins
77. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
78. "Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."
79. "So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."
80. "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me ... every day." ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
81. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." ― Sophocles
82. "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."
83. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you ... I could walk through my garden forever."
84. "Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet." ― Plato
85. "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." ― Albert Einstein
86. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." ― Oscar Wilde
87. "We loved with a love that was more than love." ― Edgar Allan Poe
88. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
89. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
90. "So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
91. . "There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement and acceptance." ― John Lennon
92. "Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that's beautiful." ― Milan Kundera
93. "Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." ― Nicole Krauss, The History Of Love
94. "The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space." ― Marilyn Monroe
95. "You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever ... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue." ― C. JoyBell C.
96. "Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it's like being young again. Colors seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible." ― Bob Marley
97. "Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone."
98. "Love is a decision; it is a judgment; it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis for the promise to love each other forever. A feeling comes and it may go. How can I judge that it will stay forever, when my act does not involve judgment and decision."
99. "Then I realize what it is. It's him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames."
100. "Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don't blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being 'in love', which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident."
101. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get—only with what you are expecting to give—which is everything." ― Katharine Hepburn
102. "Love is a two-way street constantly under construction." — Carroll Bryant
103. "Falling in love is when she falls asleep in your arms and wakes up in your dreams."
104. "I talk about you like you put stars in the sky." — Unknown
105. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." — Winnie the Pooh
107. "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know.
Maybe you just need one person." — Kermit the Frog
Maybe you just need one person." — Kermit the Frog
108. "There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy: her heart."
— Melanie Griffith in Milk Money
109. "I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus."
110. "I like it when you smile. But I LOVE it when I'm the reason." — Unknown
111. Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones
112. Love is that condition in which the happiness of Another person is essential to your own.”
Robert A. Heinlein
113. The highest happiness on earth Is the happiness of marriage. William Lyon Phelps
114. Now, join hands, And with your hands, your hearts. William Shakespeare